Tuesday, March 23, 2010

NYX - The Caribbean Collection - I Dream of Barbados

Today's eye of the day is like this. I used NYX jumbo eyeshadow pencil in Milk as a base. The eyeshadows are from NYX's Caribbean Collection and more specifically the I Dream of Barbados-palette.

This is a very simple look with a wonderful palette. I used the left purple (number 1) on the lid. Number 2 on the outer part of the lid and in the crease. Then number 3 in the crease. I've done another look with this palette where I used all of the eyeshadows in the palette except the pink one. Those looks don't differ much, but in case someone hasn't seen that look before (posted it with the NYX haul in the end of December)

I put number 3 on my lower lash line as well. And it seems that a smaller eyelash curler would be good for me because the outmost top lashes are always not curled enough. You know, those half curlers, or partial curlers, I don't know what they're called...

See?




As a liner I used a black cake eyeliner and then added some black mascara. I was thinking of using purple mascara, but I decided against it.


As a non-makeup related subject, I was very surprised today in class. At one point I had to change table groups because the people in my group had to leave in the middle and then we started going some discussion exercises, hence I moved to another group (with who I usually sit, but today they were late, well not really late since the teacher arrived after them, but I didn't think they'd even show up so I sat with some other people, but they did and I didn't feel like moving since the class had already started). There was a vacant seat next to a guy, and I went for that seat and he pulled the chair back for me, and continued to kind of seat me! I was thrilled that he pulled the chair back for me since my hands were filled with books and bags, because honestly young people nowadays aren't too gentleman-like. But the best part was that I didn't have to sit down and pull myself+chair towards the table when he kindly did that for me! Needless to say I haven't experienced it often since I'm writing about it to my makeup-blog. :D


So ladies, do you like this kind of gentleman behaviour?

3 comments:

  1. I love when guys are polite! I met my boyfriend's best friend yesterday, and he's 18, and he shook my hand and said nice to meet you. I was really surprised since teenagers never have any damn manners... I hate my age group. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manners are very hard to find these days....Your eye look is very pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, small polite things leave the best impresion! Usually those small things then can determing for example who gets hired and stuff if the applicants are pretty similar.

    Krista, I have noticed that which is why I was so suprised that I had to tell my mother about it once I went to visit my parents. :D She told me I need to marry the guy. :D

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated! :)

Comment moderation is in use due to the increased number of spam comments.

Thank you for commenting!

PS. Finnish is good too.