Thursday, May 6, 2010

Finally! GDE arrived!

Glamour Doll haul is here!

I ordered these in the beginning of April, they were shipped April 15th and I got them today. I was waiting, and waiting for these to arrive. I got worried already that because of the Islandic volcano eruption and flights getting messed up, I'd either not get these at all OR then I'd get them super late. I know orders from the US do take some time anyway, but why I was worried to begin with was because I got the Coastal Scents order last week, and it was shipped a day after this order. So it is UPS's fault, not Vee's (Glamour Doll's owner), that I got these later than expected. Okay fine, a week later.

I got my first order in January and those were just sample baggies. If you ordered sample's before and then continue to order full sizes from those eyeshadows, email Glamour Doll, and you'll get a discount code where the price of the samples will be taken out from the price of the full size jars. As far as I know the samples need to be the same as the full jars you are ordering for you to be able to get the discount.

I find this service very good. The couple times I have had a question and I've emailed it to Vee, she's replied within 20 minutes and answered very clearly. I'm extremely pleased with their customer service. I haven't ordered makeup from that many sites to fully compare customer service, but I'm very happy with this.

I ordered full sizes from these. For 5 I had samples already and now ordered the full sizes. They were Skinny Jeans, Jailhouse Jumpsuit, Shaded Orchid, Olivia Green and DinoSpotz.

The two on the right, Premonition and Just Bitten, are from the Glamour Doll Twilight-collection, hence the different looking tag on the jar. Just Bitten is inspired by Bella and Premonition by Alice. I had seen swatches from these before so I knew kind of what they'd be like and ordered full size jars from those. Royal Assassin I forgot to add to my previous order, and now ordered a full size from that too.

I received a couple business cards and a Look Book.
All the pictures are clickable, by the way. So take a closer look at the tags.

And the swatches... All the swatches in this post are made with different brushes, so not all are similarly shaped. All swatches done on the Lumene eyeshadow primer.

With every eyeshadow order you receive a couple free samples. I got Mind Reader and Mood Swing from the Twilight-collection. Mind Reader is inspired by Edward and Mood Swing by Jasper. Gold Digger is different from Bare Naked. At first I thought that just the name changed, but it's actually a different shade eyeshadow. Island Chic I got in January and now I got a free sample of it. Electric Lemonade is the fifth sample.

And the swatches. I know this picture looks different to the rest, but who knew that in Paint you can only turn pictures 90 degrees or 180? I didn't, and since this picture was crooked to begin with I couldnt turn it. But now that I'm typing this blogpost I realized I could've used this other photo editing program that I have, but it's too late now.

I did new swatches from the shadows I already had. I'm not too pleased with the swatches I did in January, these are better.




 


Have you ordered from Glamour Doll? Have you heard of them before? Are you interested in them? What did you think of my purchase?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated! :)

Comment moderation is in use due to the increased number of spam comments.

Thank you for commenting!

PS. Finnish is good too.