Saturday, January 7, 2012

Review - Korres Lip Butter

I bought this a while ago. I mentioned it briefly in my favorite products, surprises and let-downs of 2011 post.

It is the lip butter by Korres. Mine is in Plum.



It looks very dark in the pan. It is almost intimidating.

"A buttery lip balm that melts on the lips and offers a shiny, tinted finish. The combination of shea butter and rice wax offers deep hydration and softness. Ideal for chapped lips."

This feels very moisturizing. I do disagree though with the "Ideal for chapped lips." part. I would say this is ideal for those whose lips are a little dry. If your lips are extremely dry, I would go with something else. Something else that is extremely moisturizing, I don't think a tinted product is ideal for very chapped lips. I feel it makes the lips look more chapped than they really are because the tint accentuates the dryness. 

With this dark shade I need a mirror to ease the applying process, but I have one on my phone case which I carry around all the time. The color is very prominent and this cannot just be applied quickly with a generous hand. After applying I need to make sure I have cleaned the outsides of my lips so that this isn't all over the skin. 

Applying one thin layer gives a very nice glossy finish and a very nice tint. If you want darker lips you can easily apply more product and get a darker finish. 

One thin layer
I have tried The Body Shop's lip butters earlier. This is of a thinner consistency then TBS lip butters.  They also have a very strong scent, which I do like. This does have a mild scent, it is berry-like.

One thin layer
I bought mine from a department store. I can't remember the price anymore, but it was over 10 euros. They did not have very light shades if I remember correctly, they were all a little more on the darker side. There might have been 1 or 2 light shades. I have understood there are more light shades available but not in the department store I went to.



-Serafia






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated! :)

Comment moderation is in use due to the increased number of spam comments.

Thank you for commenting!

PS. Finnish is good too.