Saturday, February 11, 2012

"Review" - K pour Karité shampoo and hair conditioner

At the blogger's meetup in December we were given samples of the K pour Karité shampoo and hair conditioner. These are small samples  - 12 grams of product each. With that said I cannot do a full review as I can only get a few uses out of the products. That's why this is a "review". I will write my thoughts about the products after I use them each time as long as there is product left.

Sorry about the quality. Mobile phone camera, zoom, yeah. Just took the pic before publishing and once you read to the end you know what I think and why I don't care for the quality of the picture.

Feelings after first use


I had a lot of hair products in my hair. I had at least two different hair sprays, leave-in conditioner and some spray wax. (I have hair up to my lowest ribs so normally I don't think I could do anything with wax, but I just wanted to try it out just before washing my hair.)

The shampoo smelled nice. It lathered up really well. After rinsing my hair felt really coarse, and really clean at the same time. I stripped off all the products and then some. I could only imagine that if I did not use any hair conditioner after this and just let my hair dry it would be so incredibly tangled and coarse. 

I applied the hair conditioner to the pony tail-part of my hair. I never put hair conditioner close to my roots. I left it there for a few minutes and rinsed it off. It did not do anything. My hair was still as coarse as it was after the shampoo... I couldn't leave my hair feeling like this so I used Aussies 3 Minute Miracle on all of my hair, even the roots. I just put it all over, and left it there for 5 minutes and rinsed it off. My hair was now super soft.


This shampoo is for normal to very dry hair. I'm sorry, but that can't be true! I have fine hair which is borderline dry. This shampoo strips my hair, and the conditioner does not condition enough. If the conditioner was a super-conditioning conditioner, these products I could very well use.


Feelings after second use

I washed my hair on Thursday morning last time, and now it is Saturday morning. Okay okay, I lied. It is Satuday afternoon as I only woke up at noon. I had not used any hair products after Thursday morning's shower. My hair was just disgustingly dirty. Friday morning I put my hair in a ponytail for school, but it still felt disgusting. Generally after 12 hours my hair feels oily, and gross.

I have about one use left for the shampoo now, but the conditioner is finished after the second use.

This time the shampoo did not make my hair feel as coarse as after the first use. It did not lather as much as the first time either. I can't say for sure that I got the shampoo all over my hair. The conditioner was as horrible as last time. It did nothing for my hair. Like after the first use, today I also applied Aussie's 3 minute miracle to prevent my hair from looking, and feeling horrible.

I think I can still get one use from the shampoo, but why bother. It isn't my favorite shampoo and I certainly don't like the conditioner.


Maybe this will work for someone who does not have dry hair???
 
--------------------

Shampoo
On the package it says "Shea Butter - Ginger. The ideal partner for dry, fragile hair lacking tone. Alone or enriched with a few drops of nectar in case of very dry hair. When treating with K pour Karité, use the nectar as a lotion before shampo oing [sic]." 

Ingredients:
Aqua (Eau/Water), Pseudotsuga menziesii (Eau de Douglas/Douglas syr*) water, Sodium lauryl sulphate, Sodium cocoamphoacetate, Decyl glucoside, Inulin, Citric acid, Potassium sorbate, Sodium benzoate, Benzyl alcohol, Sodium PCA, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl ether, Lauryl alcohol, Butyrospermum parkii butter (Beurre de Karité/Shea butter), Citrus aurantium dulcis (Huile essentielle d'Orange douce/Orange) oil*, Rosmarinus officinalis (Huile essentielle de Rosmarin/Rosemary) oil*, Citrus medica limonum (Huile essentiale de Citron/Lemon) oil*,  Zingiber officinale (Gingembre/Ginger) extract*, Citral**, Limonene (Dipentene)**, Linalool**, Géraniol**

* Ingrédients issus de l'agriculture Biologique
** Constituant naturel des huiles essentielles

Hair conditioner
"Its Shea Butter-Ginger formula enriched with essential oils means that dry and fragile hair is rehydrated and repaired. Hair regains its tone and vitality throughout use. On very dry hair: enriched conditioner with few drops of nectar."

Ingredients: 
Aqua (Eau/Water), Pseudotsuga menziesii (Eau de Douglas/Douglas syr*) water, Glyceryl stearate, Butyrospermum parkii butter (Beurre de Karité/Shea butter), Heliantus annuus (Huile végétale de Tournesol/Sunflower) seed oil*, Dicaprylyl ether, Lauryl alcohol, Sodium stearoy [sic] glutamate, Aigin coco-glucoside, Glyceryl oleate, Citrus aurantium dulcis (Huile essentielle d'Orange douce/Orange) oil*, Rosmarinus officinalis (Huile essentielle de Rosmarin/Rosemary) oil*, Citrus medica limonum (Huile essentiale de Citron/Lemon) oil*, Potassium sorbate, Sodium benzoate, Benzyl alcohol, Citric acid, Zingiber officinale (Gingembre/Ginger) extract*, Limonene (Dipentene)**, Citral**, Linalool**, Géraniol**

* Ingrédients issus de l'agriculture Biologique
** Constituant naturel des huiles essentielles






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated! :)

Comment moderation is in use due to the increased number of spam comments.

Thank you for commenting!

PS. Finnish is good too.