Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Review - Let me be your ... color shampoo and color conditioner

I got to try out some shampoo's by KC Professional These shampoos, hair conditioners and the spray leave-in conditioner cost about 12,60€ and I at least have seen these sold in Prisma. I am not talking about the leave-in conditioner in this blogpost, that's coming later.

I received these products at the bloggers meet up in the beginning of December. I have now used up the shampoo and hair conditioner.These products are for colored hair, which I do not have anymore. Last time I dyed my hair was in February of 2005. It is safe to say the colored parts are long gone.



The bottles contain 300 ml of product, and they lasted me basically from the beginning of December till the middle of February. The bottles are very simple, and I love it. They're very classy, but still not boring or anything. 

"Let me be your utterly unforgettable color shampoo -- 
I will add sparkle and shine to your colored hair"

"Color protecting gentle lather shampoo. Olive extract protects your hair color, ginger and ginseng refresh and add vitality to your hair. Contains color, heat and UV protection."

I just noticed these products have heat protection. I don't normally use heat on my hair, but when I do I use a heat protectant. And now I read that there was that in this shampoo, and hair conditioner. I didn't read the  back before I guess. :/ Or then I simply forgot!

 "Let me be your divine color conditioner -- 
I will highlight and preserve your favorite color"

"Color protecting and smoothing conditioner. Olive extract protects your hair color, avocado and grape extracts nourish your hair. Contains heat, color and UV protection."


These supposedly smell like peach, coconut and apricots. Hmph. I don't smell coconut or apricots. And I smell a hint of peach, but it is mixed with big amounts of banana. The leave-in conditioner which I'll talk about later in more detail does smell like peaches. I really do like the fact that the peach scent isn't so strong. I dislike peaches very much. I just don't like them, and I am happy peaches do not smell too much in these products.

I can't say anything about the color protecting qualities as I have not dyed my hair in ages like I mentioned earlier.

The shampoo lathered really well, and one shampoo-cycle is enough for me to get all the dirt, and possible hair products washed off. Normally I don't use any hair products. I sometimes use a little hair spray, and these products remove that very well. Once or twice I have had hair mousse, hair gel, a lot of  hair spray and a finishing spray in my hair and then I had to use a stronger shampoo, or shampoo my hair twice or three times with this shampoo.

I feel this is very gentle. My scalp has psoriasis patches and I have not noticed that this would irritate. The patches are worse in the winter in general, and then my scalp feels very itchy. With this shampoo, and my prescription medication liquid thingy I have gotten the itching under control, and it doesn't look like I have tons of dandruff like it used to look. :(

The products did not feel like they were making my hair dryer than before. My hair is dry during the winter to begin with, and it is more staticky as well. I can't say this helped or made that worse. I am not used to using leave-in conditioners and after this shampoo and conditioner I did not feel like I need any extra conditioning. That's definitely a plus. I guess an extra conditioner would help the statickyness, but I'm too lazy for that... :D


Other reviews of these products. Finnish only. Mustaa kajalia and Tyttö ilman helmikorvakorua

---------------------------------------------
Let me be your utterly unforgettable color shampoo
INCI: Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulphate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Lauroyal Sarcosinate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Glycol Distearate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extractm, Maltooligosyl Glucoside, Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Citric Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Laureth-4, Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids, Potassium Dimethicone PEG-7 Panthenyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Coco Glucoside, Benzoic Acid, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Benzophenone-4, Cl 15985, Cl 47005, Parfum


Let me be your dashingly divine color conditioner
INCI: Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysilkicone-18 Cetyl Phospahte, Behentrimonium Chloride, Dipalmitoyethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate, Quaternium-91, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Glycerin, Tribehenin, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Quaternium-87, Ceteareth-20, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Vitis Vinitera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Citric Acid, Glycol Stearate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Sodium Cocoyal Amino Acids, Potassium Dimethicone PEG-7 Panthenyl Phosphate, Parfum, Cl 47005, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Extract, Cl 15987, Benzophenone-4.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated! :)

Comment moderation is in use due to the increased number of spam comments.

Thank you for commenting!

PS. Finnish is good too.