Tuesday, February 28, 2012

UD Naked vs. Sleek Storm

EDIT January 7th, 2014: I just had a look on Sleek's website and this palette. The appearance of the palette is now different. The colors mostly look similar, but the woven look I have in mine is no longer present in the Sleek shadow palettes. If you now decide to order the Sleek palette Storm, I cannot comfortably say that these palettes are dupes for each other. I don't know whether they've reformulated the shadows and colors or just the woven look of the pot, OR changed the palette entirely.



I don't remember if someone has done this or not. They probably have... I mean these palettes have been around for ages and if someone has not done a comparison yet, and I'm the first one. I'd be speechless.


Urban Decay Naked-palette vs. Sleek Storm-palette

The top row is the Naked-palette, and the swatches are in the order the shadows are in the palette. I  swatched on the NYX white eyeshadow base.


I tried my best to match shadows from the Storm-palette, and put them under the shadow I thought they matched. I used one shadow twice, cause after I did the first swatch I noticed it matched another shade from the Naked-palette better. The Storm-palette has a matte black which the Naked-palette does not have.

Look this chart was made for
The second from the right in the top row I used twice. First I matched it to Toasted, but then noticed that Sin is a better match.

The Naked palette




I would say these are fairly comparable. The Sleek-palette has 2-3 shadows that do not match the any in the Naked-palette, but all in all these are good dupes for the most part. The Sleek palette is way cheaper than the UD one, and the the quality of the palettes are identical. Both are as good.




Do you have both? Which do you prefer? Share your thoughts in the comments below, please.



-Serafia 


EDIT May 30, 2012: UD Naked has 12 shadows, each 1.3 grams, and the Sleek Storm palette also has 12 shadows, and one is 1.1 grams. 


20 comments:

  1. Thanks for this, was thinking about buying one of them, think i'll go for the storm palette now
    =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Storm is a great palette.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this post! Exactly what I needed to make my mind up between the two. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have both of these palettes and I agree .. And sleek cosmetics are amazing.. The colors are wonderful and they ship to the USA !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for helping me!
    Kiss from Portugal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help. :) Thank you for visiting

      Delete
  5. I have the storm one and I was raving naked. Now I can see that I don't need it. It's a relief cause it's very expensive. Thanks!
    Kisses from Spain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I thought so too that as I have the Storm-palette and Naked1, I don't need Naked2. I bought it last week. :)

      Delete
  6. It was really helpful, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for that review! It was really helpful, since I was just deciding which one to buy ;) (Sleek won of course and is being shipped as we speak ;).
    But seriously, I watched this review 4 times before I decided ;)
    Kisses from Poland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you like the Sleek palette! Thank you for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  8. I've seen a lot of dupe swatches for UD shadows. Many I have tried were disappointments. But this is the best set of dupes I have seen so far. I hear rave things about Sleek and am anxious to try them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Sleek is a great brand.

      Delete
  9. hey can u let me know where can i find this sleek palette?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleek Makeup website, link below. The appearance of the palette has changed, as well as the 'appearance of the eyeshadow (notice how my palette has this woven look), so I do not know if the shadows are the same anymore.

      Here: http://www.sleekmakeup.com/eyes/eyeshadow

      Delete

Your comments are very much appreciated! :)

Comment moderation is in use due to the increased number of spam comments.

Thank you for commenting!

PS. Finnish is good too.