Sunday, April 8, 2012

Review - The Body Shop Mango Lip Butter

The Body Shop's Mango Lip Butter was my second flavor of lip butters. I had bought Pink Grapefruit twice before and I liked it very much. I'm still using the second one, as at one point I got sick of the smell. I had a Sweet Lemon lip butter, but I can't remember where I have placed it. I honestly think it got lost when we moved last year.


This lip butter comes in a very cute package, and there is 10 ml (0.29 fl oz) of product. I found this took a long time to get used up. I did not use it regularly, because I don't regularly use lip balms. I don't have a constant need for them.

This product gives a lovely sheen on my lips. I am not a big fan of super shiny lips, and this doesn't give super shiny lips. I used to like the super shiny look some lip glosses give, but not anymore. The more matte the better, a little shine is fine. My lips are quite dark on their own, so often times I didn't even use a lipstick, I only applied this, and got a nice sheen on my lips, and it looked like I had lipstick on.

I would not suggest this for you if you have extremely dry lips. I felt I had to apply this once every 10 minutes because if I didn't, my lips would be drier than before applying this for the first time. Normally my lips are not very dry, and then this lip butter was good. Just when I had chapped lips, very dry lips this wasn't enough, and even seemed to make my lips worse. :/




What is your favorite lip butter? 


-Serafia

PS. I added some of my favorite blogposts to the sidebar on the left. And before I did that I switched my template. I'm still not used to seeing my blog layout like this, I was so used to the sidebar being on the right. Let me know what you think, was it better on the right or is it better now?


--------------------------
INCI: Butyrospermum parkii, Ricinus communis, Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer, Cera Alba, Lanolin, Mangifera indica, PEG-8 Beeswax, Aroma, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Silica, Limonene, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ammonium Glycynthizate, Tocopherol, Geraniol, Linalool, Citral, Cl 77891, Cl 19140, Cl 15850



2 comments:

  1. I have the Satsuma Shimmer.Have you tried that one? I really like the smell and do you recommend any other lip balm/butters??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chimmy_cupcakes, thank you for your comment! I haven't tried Satsuma Shimmer lip butter, I only tried Satsuma body butter and that was divine. I liked Pink Grapefruit and Sweet Lemon. I like citrus scents, and if you like Satsuma Shimmer you probably would like those two as well.

      Delete

Your comments are very much appreciated! :)

Comment moderation is in use due to the increased number of spam comments.

Thank you for commenting!

PS. Finnish is good too.