Saturday, April 21, 2012

Review - Lumene Vitamin C+ Dry Skin Comfort Radiance Cocktail With Arctic Cloudberry

In the end of March I showed you this product in a haul. It is the Lumene Vitamin C+ Dry Skin Comfort Radiance Cocktail. 


"Arctic Cloudberry - Cloudberry is a rare berry which grows in the arctic bogs. Due to a very short period of growth in the Arctic, the wild plants become more powerful than plants that are cultivated or grown in other areas of the world. Contains over 90% natural ingredients."

"Normal/dry skin. Arctic cloudberry for radiant skin. 
  • Active ingredients from cloudberry brighten the skin, improve moisture balance, and protect against the harmful effects of the environment.
  • Hightly conditioning cranberry seed oil combines with cloudberry to help nourish and vitalise even the driest skin. 
Result: Velvety soft skin!" (from the package)

I LOVE THIS!!!

I have dry combination skin. Recently I have had some dry psoriasis spots on my forehead, and this fixed them! I did not have to use prescribed medication liquids to get rid of the spots. Awesome!!! :D

I have some visible pores on the tip of my nose, and around my nose. They are small, I only notice them, but I did see that they got smaller. I doubt this would decrease the bigger pores some people have. Also I have no idea how this works on other skin types, but this is directed towards people with normal or dry skin.

I have used this daily since I bought it. I did not change any other skin care products, I only added this into the mix. Generally I applied this once a day at night. Sometimes I applied it in the morning too. I do apply a moisturizer after applying this. When I applied this at night, the next morning my face was glowing, it had a very even tone to it. After applying this at night, the next morning I washed my face in the shower with water only like I always do, moisturized, and applied my MSCHIC powder foundation and it looked perfect! Not dry or powdery at all!

The only downside I find is the packaging. Or more like the functionality of the bottle. I like the bottle. It is glass so it is a little heavy and I would not travel with this. The pump is easy to use, and if I were to travel with this I'm sure the pump would give out all the product if it is in contact with something. But I don't consider this to be a problem cause I don't travel with glass products on a general basis, and when I do travel I pack light so I would skip the serum then too.

Anyway. The problem I have is with the pump mechanism. The product is in two phases, and before getting the product out the bottle needs to be shaken so the product becomes all orange. Okay fine. Then I press them pump, and I get a yellow liquid on my hand with small red spots in it. The product isn't mixed when it gets on my hand! You can see it from the picture, it's in two phases in the little tube that brings up the product. Also the yellow and red aren't as clear as they are in the picture in the beginning of this blogpost, but that is partially due to the fact that I did use this a few hours prior to taking the picture so it hasn't settled yet. However it does not become nearly as clear as it was in the beginning.


It takes a while for the two phases to separate again, and in the beginning the interphase was thin and clear. Once I had used half of the product the interphase was not thin or clear. It was a little foamy. Also the yellow product got used up faster than the red.



-Serafia



------------------
INCI:
Aqua (Water), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric triglyceride, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Squalene, Glycerin, Tocopheryl acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Rubus chamaemorus seed oil, Oxycoccus palustris seed oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-8, Hippophae rhamnoides oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol, Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Serine, Sorbitol, Tea-lactate, Urea, Ascorbyl palmitate, Sodium hydroxide, Sodium chloride, Rubus chamaemorus seed extract, Ascorbic acid, Citric acid, Allantoin, Cl 17200 (Red33), Cl 19140 (Yellow 5), Citral, Geraniol, Hexyl cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Butylphenyl methylpropional, Parfum (Fragrance)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated! :)

Comment moderation is in use due to the increased number of spam comments.

Thank you for commenting!

PS. Finnish is good too.