Saturday, May 26, 2012

Stockholm Haul - MAC, Sensai, Butter London, DKNY

I went to Stockholm, Sweden, for a little trip this week.

I went to a few department stores where they had MAC counters, and I was surprised to see they had the Hey Sailor! collection already. I thought it was supposed to be released on May 24, and it was there before. Now I know that was only the US release date, but still I would have assumed that the collections come out in USA and Canada way before Europe. The Helsinki MAC counter had that collection since the beginning of May. And because I assumed the collection was just released in Sweden cause they still had everything they'd have it in Helsinki then too, so I didn't get the stuff from Sweden cause that would have meant more carrying, and I doubt the products would have been any cheaper there. Well, Helsinki was sold out of the products I wanted to get when I got there on May 24th, cause they had gotten the collection in the beginning of May. I was annoyed. I should've bought them from Sweden.

Anyway, what I got from Helsinki's MAC counter then. 

I had run out of MAC's brush cleaner so I got a new one of that. I use powder foundations in the summer if I use any, and I wanted to get Fix+ to see if that would do something for me, make me less powdery looking if I decide to wear foundation. I think a water + toner combo would do the same thing, and it will be cheaper than using Fix+ for the same purpose. But I'll try this first, and then try water + toner.

Brush cleanser, 12 € / 235 ml; Fix+, 20 € / 100 ml
Then I got the matte Omega eyeshadow for my brows.

Eyeshadow 17 €
In Finland VAT is 23%, and in Sweden it was 25%. What is it in your country? What do MAC products cost where you live? 

I have been growing out my brows for the past month or so, and I can do a tutorial with this and my pencils. Let me know if you'd like that. 

I have been using Sensai's liquid liner since the fall, and soon I will run out of the product. I bought the refill from Sweden, and I now regret that cause it would have been cheaper in Finland. I can't find the receipt for this. It was like 180 Swedish kronor or so 20 euros, and I've seen this being sold for 16-17 euros in Finland.


I didn't take it out from the box, cause it is wrapped in plastic. I am only opening it when I am due to change the thing in the eyeliner pen. If you'd like I can do a liquid eyeliner tutorial. It seems I do liquid eyeliner differently than other people.


I smelled this perfume and it was great! DKNY's Sweet Delicious Limited Edition Creamy Meringue EdP, 50 ml. It was 345 Swedish kronor so about 38 euros.


Then I bought one nail polish. Butter London's polish in Primrose Hill Picnic. This cost 128 Swedish kronor so 14.2 euros. But that was by Google calculator. I saw the euro amount and the kronor amount cause I bought this from the ship we were on when going to Sweden, and this was 11.90 euros.



Are you following me on Facebook yet? Well you can do that by either searching for Serafia's Makeup Drawer, or by clicking on the tab Facebook at the top of this page or you can click here, and that will direct you to my page. I also have a Twitter.



Have a nice weekend!


-Serafia

4 comments:

  1. I looooove MAC Brush Cleanser. I should start using my Fix+ again because my skin has been so horrendously dry lately.

    We don't have VAT here, we just have horribly high prices in general :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is good brush cleanser, but I sometimes can't get all brushes clean enough with it. I don't know...

      I didn't read too much about Fix+ before I bought it. It did take away the powderyness of powder foundation, but it made me super shiny! And I have dry skin for the most part.

      No VAT? I think we have high prices plus VAT... I can't wait to travel to the US someday. :D

      Delete
  2. Nice haul, Sarafia! I love MAC's Fix +, I use it everyday to set my makeup and to rid my face of any dryness. It does wonders! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alina! I've been trying to figure out how I can get it to work. Haha

      Delete

Your comments are very much appreciated! :)

Comment moderation is in use due to the increased number of spam comments.

Thank you for commenting!

PS. Finnish is good too.