Friday, June 1, 2012

Summer glow - look and product ideas

Happy first of June! Are you wearing a dress. I hear it is International Dress -day today! 

I think this summer's trend is glowy skin and natural peach and bronze tones. Personally I don't like to use eyeshadows in the summer. Well now I don't feel like I would wear much eyeshadow, it would just feel like too much.

Also corals and oranges are great for the summer. I just don't happen to own any coral lipstick, or a coral blush... Should get a blush like that though... Any good suggestions?

I started out with applying Nivea's SPF 30 sun screen on my face. (Yes, I took the photos a few days ago, now it's all rainy, gray and wet outside, plus I'm staying inside today.) I let that sink in for about 20 minutes before applying makeup.

I used a powder foundation.

I tend to apply Lumene's eyeshadow primer on my lids, and then going over that with the baked mineral foundation because that is how the primer works best. Over that I applied MAC's Bare Study paint pot with a light hand. It is also possible to use Painterly, which is a matte paint pot, and apply a light gold or bronze eye shadow over it. Also you could apply something like Morning Frost paint pot over Painterly to get a nice sheen, a wet look on the lids. You could also use GOSH's waterproof eyeshadow sticks in the shade 002 golden brown, for example.

l-r: Painterly, Bare Study, Morning frost.
I filled in my brows with MAC's Omega shadow


For a bronzed look you need bronzer (and bronze eyeshadow if you like, I know mine weren't too bronze-y, but I thought those were good cause they were cream products, and I prefer them in the summer).

You can use something like L'Oreal's Glam Bronze bronzers. I have a duo bronzer in Harmonie Blondes, and a trio bronzer for Blondes. I also have a matte bronzer by Lumene in the shade Arctic Sun which I mainly would use for contouring. I have to be careful with the Lumene bronzer cause it can very easily be too orange-looking on the skin if applied too heavily.

Lumene - Arctic Sun


The duo bronzer is not matte, but is almost is. It has a lighter highlighter shade and the darker side can be used for contouring as well. The trio is all shimmer. I use the pink and gold mixed together as a highlight just a little over the area where I apply blush, and then I swirl over them a few times and once over the darkest third color and apply that on my forehead, and the places where sun naturally hits first. In the trio the pink is really difficult. It is difficult to pick up the color.




For blush I used (I think) Sleek's Pixie pink with a really light hand. Pixie pink is a really vibrant, matte hot pink. Something like Maybelline's Pure Mineral blush in 20 Moonlight mauve or 10 Topaz Rose would also be great.

Sleek - Pixie pink

For lips I'd use a light, sheer lipstick or something like a tinted lip butter. I think Korres' Plum lip butter looks great even though it is a dark shade. It can be applied in a very sheer manner.

For lashes I used Maybelline's One by One mascara, and a dark brown matte eyeshadow that I applied with a angled liner brush to the lash line.


I realize the photos don't do justice for the bronzed, glowy skin that I had.



What are your favorite products to use for a bronzed look?


-Serafia

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Serafia! I love the look of those L'oreal bronzers. They look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alina! I'm drying to try out their new bronzers. They have animal prints/patterns on the surface. They do look very glittery though...

      Delete

Your comments are very much appreciated! :)

Comment moderation is in use due to the increased number of spam comments.

Thank you for commenting!

PS. Finnish is good too.