Monday, February 24, 2014

Long time no post

Hi!

Do you still remember me?!

I just came back to check the statistics of this blog, and I was blown away. During the latter part of 2012 I wrote a few blog posts, and same goes for 2013. I think I hid most of them, because I was not satisfied with the quality of my reviews, or whatever it was. Still, yesterday my blog was viewed 106 times. I know that is not much when compared to other bloggers who actually write regularly, but for an inactive blog, I think it's a quite good amount. My monthly views are still around thousands of views. 

By far, the most read blogpost in this blog has been my comparison of the original Naked palette, and the Sleek Storm. That blogpost was very popular to begin with, but the fact that it got mentioned on Nouveau Cheap really brought up the views. The specific article on Nouveau Cheap is this one. My blogpost has been viewed almost 20,000 times, and to me that is just mindblowing. I realize that my numbers are nothing compared to many others, but I am still overwhelmed. On that same note, most used keywords are 'naked palette' and 'sleek storm'.

My second most viewed blogpost is about the Colossal Cat Eye mascara by Maybelline.

Fourth most accessed article is the one about Maybelline's Anti-ageing concealer.


My audience is mostly American, then Finnish, and the British. 

It is no surprise that Mozilla Firefox is the most used browser, but I am slightly surprised that Safari is only fourth. 

-----

I read through several blogposts and I would really like to hide all of them... I don't like the makeup looks or the quality of the pictures. I really wish I could start from the beginning, but I remember how difficult it was for me to keep writing when I got no comments, and my reader amounts wasn't increasing. I never expected that my blog would become the most read blog in Finland (it didn't), and I was fine with that. I will admit that I got discouraged when I felt I had worked really hard for a blogpost, and then it got very few views, and next to no comments. With that said, I would like to continue blogging as I seem to have more time available. I just feel like the blogging world has continued and evolved without me, and I don't have much to give anymore. I don't want to start from scratch, but I don't want to lose all my readers that this blog has. And I do want to start over... Maybe I really could hide most of the blogposts. Maybe that's what I'll do...


-Serafia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated! :)

Comment moderation is in use due to the increased number of spam comments.

Thank you for commenting!

PS. Finnish is good too.